Make a Booking
- Please read the Booking Rules below.
- You can set up a customer account for the booking system. A customer account is optional and you can still book without one.
Iwikau & Ohakune
Click here to book online (opens in a new window).
Click here to book online (opens in a new window).
Members Per Night
|Senior (18 and over)||$40|
|Junior (11 to 17)||$34|
|Child (up to 10)||$29|
Non Members Per Night
|Senior (18 and over)||$60|
|Junior (11 to 17)||$49|
|Child (up to 10)||$39|
|Group (Minimum 10 people to qualify)||$55|
|School groups (minimum 10, Senior or Junior)||$41|
These rates include Breakfast and Dinner.
Duties are assigned by the Trip Leader or Lodge Manager.
Non-members must be the guest of a member or a guest of the club.
Rates are the same as non-member rates but with a maximum of two nights accommodation per season. Those wishing to stay more than 2 nights must upgrade to active membership.
Have the same booking rights as full members.
A sleeping bag, pillowslip and towel are essential for all Lodges.
Normal Bookings open one calendar month ahead. School Holiday Bookings see below.
Bookings should be made online but may be emailed or posted to the Booking Officer of the lodge you wish to stay at.
Each booking period must be made on a separate form or be made online.
Bookings for consecutive nights in one lodge in excess of seven nights will only be accepted if other applications for the bunks are not received within 3 days of the extended period.
Your Committee made these rules after much concern about being fair to all. The Booking Officer has no authority to waive them so don't waste time asking. If you have a problem contact the Vice President for the Lodge in question. Do not hassle the Booking Officer.
All bookings MUST be paid for PRIOR to leaving for the mountain.
Pay by Internet banking to Aorangi Ski Club, ANZ account 01 0505 0085855 00 or by cheque.
A weekend booking is for two nights.
If the Friday or Saturday night is part of a longer booking that counts as two nights.
If a Friday or Saturday night is free by the Wednesday night preceding the weekend that Friday or Saturday may be booked as a single night.
Negotiations will take place in order to accommodate as many as possible. If applications exceed bunks available the allocation will be decided by ballot.
Non-Members bookings will be confirmed eight days prior to commencement of stay if bunks are available.
July Holidays - Friday school term 2 ends to Sunday before term 3 starts.
Bookings open on June 1st. Members' beds will be allocated on mid June in the order of the receipt of bookings.
October Holidays - Friday school term 3 ends to Sunday before term 4 starts.
Bookings open mid August. The date will be announced in a newsletter. Members' beds will be allocated early September and will be confirmed by email.
1. All child/junior persons must be under the care and control of a parent or senior member for the whole of their stay. (This includes junior members eligible for senior status).
The Booking Officers will not find sponsors for children but may be able to supply the names of members going to the Lodge.
2. All children under 5 years require committee approval to stay at Iwikau and Tukino Lodges.
3. Permission is not required for under 5 year olds at Ohakune but parents must always be considerate of other persons booking into the Lodge.
Normal booking cancellations must be made no later than 3 days before the booking is due to start. School holiday cancellations are required to be made 1 week prior to the date the booking commences.
A CANCELLATION FEE OF $2.00 PER BUNK NIGHT WILL APPLY!
Transfer of Bookings: Transfers are not permitted from one person to another.
Refund of Fees
1. If the required notice is given, the fees paid (less the cancellation fee of $2 per night and any bank charges incurred) will be refunded upon written application to the committee by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Late cancellations, for whatever reason, are not eligible for refunds unless your bunk can be reallocated. The Committee will consider any written application on the merits of the individual case.
Failure to Book
Anyone arriving at the Lodge without a booking must first telephone the booking officer at their own expense to check on the availability of bunks and shall provide immediate payment by credit card. Custodians and/or Trip Leaders are not authorised to accept or arrange bookings at any Lodge.
In the interests of safety and economy Iwikau and Tukino Lodges require a minimum of 2 members to be present for the Lodge to open.
1. All guests must be accompanied by the member who booked them in and that member is responsible for them in the Lodge.
2. Non-member bookings will not be confirmed until 8 days prior to the date booked. For School Holiday bookings refer to rules for School Holidays.
Group Booking Rate: Minimum 10 people to qualify.
School Groups: Minimum 10 people to qualify. Same rate for all people in the group.
Iwikau and Ohakune
Phone: 027 600 4224 (between 6:00PM and 10:00PM weekdays and 10:00AM and 6:00PM weekends please)
Email questions: email@example.com
Aorangi Booking Officer
Phone: 07-377 0807 (between 8:00AM and 10:00PM please)
Email questions: firstname.lastname@example.org